In order to complete the 3+ meters of river tiles I made, I started working on the special features: a bridge for a ground level macadam road, a bridge for a raised earth causeway, and a lock.
First step is making the two bridge sides, and make them equal. I went for a 7 mm height, to compendate for the unit bases.
A narrow strip of plastic to support the deck is glued in,
The deck is cut out too long, and then sandpapered to size so that the road to bridge transition is smooth.
Penciling in the road and river boundaries. Using foam and card I build the river banks. Tomorrow I'm basecoating and brushing the earth tones mix on.